Professional Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation Services
Garbage Disposal Maintenance
When it comes to using and garbage disposal maintenance, there are a few things you’ll want to do to keep it working properly. The following are a few do’s and don’ts of garbage disposal maintenance.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Do’s:
- It is essential to use plenty of water to flush it so that will correctly dispose of all the waste.
- Avoid placing metals, plastic or glass down the disposal. However, if this happens, you can use pliers or tongs to pull the object out. Avoid using your hands, as they could get caught in the disposal or cut on the blades, causing bodily injury.
- Make sure to keep your garbage disposal clean as well. You can do this by pouring a little soap inside. Then, let the disposal run for a minute or so with some cold water after washing dishes.
- Frequent use will also prevent rust and corrosion, as well as ensure that all parts stay moving and prevent obstructions.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Don’ts:
- Don’t pour grease, oil or fat into your garbage disposal or drain. Grease gradually accumulates and can impede your garbage disposal’s grinding ability as well as clog drains.
- Fibrous material such as corn husks, celery stalks, onion skins and artichokes can also damage your garbage disposal.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals like bleach or drain cleaners. These can damage blades and pipes. If you need to clean and remove odor-causing mold and mildew that accumulates in garbage disposals, we recommend Borax as a natural sink cleaner.
Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation
If you are wanting a new garbage disposal or need repairs on your current disposal, you can count on us to be there when you call. We can schedule you an appointment with our professional plumber who will help you with your garbage disposal project.
Our expert Bryan/College College plumber specializes in professional service for garbage disposal repair and installation services. In addition, our licensed plumber offers kitchen plumbing, bathroom plumbing, plumbing repairs, drain cleaning and water leak services. Contact us with the link below for more information or to schedule your garbage disposal repair and maintenance service today!